Pages

Thursday 3 May 2012

I'll Remember This!

Wooohooo...! Its Thursday...the week went by sooooo fast. It was my birthday on Saturday and I had fun... *huge grin* The initial plan was to wake up, watch some tv and stay home all day.. But all plans failed

For all those who cussed me out shortly after reading my wish list, I suggest you get a blind fold 'cos you won't be happy reading this :) .."I believe in miracles" I most certainly do

Of the 5 wishes I made, 3 got answered... not counting the one gift which I have been promised and still yet to recieve.... Hehe. I received the luxury gift card, the perfume and the wristwatch... The spa is a pending gift scheduled for this month so let's say I got that too which makes it four out of five.  I'm so grateful to God, to be honest, I have everything I need. I have an absolutely amazing family that inspire me, great friends some of whom are like family, a good job I love and an amazing life. What more can a girl ask for ay!

Anyways, random thoughts and I thought to share.

Ever read the book half of a yellow sun.... ?? If you haven't you certainly should! Chimamanda is a brilliant writer - a fine combination of beauty and brains. Then again, there's a film adaptation of the book... Amazeballs. I so can't wait to see it!

That awkward moment when ur train buddy starts making passes at you *sigh everything else changes. Yeah... My train buddy. What ever happened to just being cool friends? We talk about the news, the silly train services, the rude inspectors, the differences in job roles....HR and other random talks *smh* now so awkward

My friend's boo is in the army and when he's off for training, she doesn't just miss him....I miss him for her too (That's a Hero).

Finally... I got a writing gig. I'm extremely flattered of course! Not to worry,  I'll keep u posted when my first article gets published *smiles* ...and oh, its a paid job. *stoked*.  And of course I'll still be blogging on here -this is mine! 

6 comments:

  1. Now, I wish I could sing.... " I believe in miracles, yeah! I so believe in miracles ....... " So happy for u, hun. Nice to knw ur birthday was as wished for.
    Yeah, I concur, half of a yellow sun is a fantastic must-buy, must- own & must-read. Hmmn, wld d movie adaptation capture d message in that book?! Will luv to watch it too.
    'Nuff said, look fwds to ur publications/articles.
    Best rgds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fam thanks and i'm happy to be receiving a pressie from u when we see yaaay...i hope the movie is as good she sold the movie rights to an american a bit confident about that I think she made a wise decision.

      Delete
  2. Awwwh...
    I'm coming for a 'friend loan' from you darling...lol.
    wow..! I sorta knew the genie was listening or lemme say reading *wink*

    Oh...yeah! The 'Purple Hibiscus' girl... she's definitely a rare talent! haven't read 'Half of a Yellow Sun' but will def love to see the movie. I' sure we won't be disappointed!

    Good for you! A writing gig! Absolutely fantastic...

    Ps. Don't ignore or start avoid your train buddy k... (it's almost instinctive to want to do that); simply let him know you love things they way they presently are between you too k...

    Yet another nice piece Ms. Ebony...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No i won't stop talking to my train buddy... it was only awkward for the first two days i think/hope and yup can't wait for the movie....thank u Tolu love u :*

      Delete