Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

My Wonderful Father, Friend & First Love


When men pray, God may do any of these three things: He may say a yes, He may say a no or a 'not now'... it is left to God to do as He deems fit. If He decides not to accede to our request, there's really nothing anyone can do about it -it's His prerogative, we cannot take Him to court and at best, it's wise to give Him a free hand

Wow ! I would never have imagined that I would be writing a tribute to my dad, I mean not at this point in my life anyway. My Dad’s life –who he was to me, what he was -can never be understood just written in words. Words can truly not describe a quarter of the man he was, but at their best, could only try to give a reflection of the selfless and unassuming man who lived such a full and impactful life. You never really stop feeling the loss of someone close to you and I know people say time heals all wounds, so far it hasn't healed mine. My whole world hasn't been the same since he left and probably won't be the same.

People who know me know how close I was with him and I can't possibly describe our relationship in a post or words. No day goes by without the thought of him and I especially reminisce on the last week before he left. Words can't describe how much I miss him, or how much I want him to be here to listen to me and help me when I need him to like he always did.

Daddy! 
You exemplified ‘Sacrifice’ – because you always wanted the best for your family even at your own expense. If you had a 100 naira you only kept 10 for yourself ensuring we were fully taken care of even if it meant you going without.

You exemplified the word ‘Protector’ – I cannot forget the day armed robbers came into the house and you offered yourself to them while telling us to go and hide so we would be ok. You also told them to leave mummy alone and deal with you instead (that was most definitely the point I knew that your love for us knew no bounds and you were a great protector).

You exemplified the word ‘Teacher’ – because you always knew what to say and how to say it even in times of trouble. You always told me to give God a problem and leave it with him to solve not worrying about it. You actually lived out that saying leaving everything to God to decide -in His care. You have taught me more about what I need and should look for in a man. You constantly reminded not to settle for less and also of my place as the child of a king. And you teaching me is what I will miss the most.

5th of September was a tough day and everyday since then has been different, I want to wake up everyday for it to be a dream but it hasn’t been.  I want to wake up and see you again saying Omoyo yo yo. I want to have a sing off with Yimika and you choose her over me again. I want to be able to say ‘Daddy se wa alright’ again. I really wish you left me a manual for the times you wont be here again.

My dad was my close friend, I would tell him anything from work to relationships and yet I respected him so much. Some father a child but he was more interested in having a relationship with his children. He called me Omoyo onigbese because I borrowed money from him knowing I wouldn’t return it. I told him sometime in August that the only reason I borrowed money from him was because when I asked he said no but when I use the word borrow he would gladly give it. He replied saying I know I would not “borrow” you if I couldn’t give you and I also don’t want you to ask things from outsiders when your father is capable of giving you.

He also encouraged my writing, I showed him some of my blog posts and he was so proud. I’m happy that I constantly told him how much he meant to me. I’ll always carry his heart with me; no one can steal the memory of his love away. He was a King amongst men of which there are a few. My heart, my rock, and my bull who would I be if God did not bring us together.

Life with him was definitely amazing; he loved us and made sure to the best of his ability that we lacked nothing. It is only human to miss and cry for your loved one but I’m glad that I have another angel watching over me. God’s will was done and you are no longer in pain and I know He’ll heal and comfort us on every side.

I will be comforted by these words from the book of Revelations 14:13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labour, for their deeds will follow them."




12 comments:

  1. Awww Darling, this post brought tears to my eyes. May God continue to fill the void he left in your hearts. AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tribute to your dad! May his soul continue to rest in the bossom of God. Amen
    Take heart dearest tricia, may God continue to grant you and your family tbe Holy Spirit to comfort you. It is well.
    I'm sure he's proud of you and the woman you've become!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could pray to God to bring him back... I just want to say that he has served his primary purpose on earth; by raising a good family, especially you Omolola. I see some of those qualities in you, and that is why I find it so easy to talk to you about everything and anything... My prayer is, you will find someone, who would love you unconditionally like your dad, and even more. And the Holyspirit would continually comfort you and your family. You deserve to be happy and I Love you babe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too dear... Thanks for your kind words, and AMEN.

      Delete
  4. It's never easy losing a loved one... I'm still unsure if words can comfort. The memories of it are still as fresh as they were when it happend. 6months after, I still don't have the words... One thing I haven't/wouldn't stop doing is praying for you all. The Lord who has strengthened you all and kept your feet from stumbling will continue to uphold you all IJN. May the God who can heal our hurts, comfort you all on every side IJN. For a fact, your dad is in a great place and he's constantly watching out for you all. You are blessed and highly favoured my dear friend... *hugs* xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just reading this, and it brought tears to my eyes... May his soul continue to rest in peace, and I pray the good Lord comfort you and your family. Luv u so mch hun, and I'm sorry for your loss. You're a very strong lady, so please keep being strong for your family. *hugs*and*kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading this brings tears to my eyes, it was a lovely tribute. Pat I love you & I admire the strength that god has given you. I am so sorry again for your loss, I will always continue to pray for you and your family and I pray that god comforts you every day. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omolola, soul touching... ♍Ɣ dear friend It is well...Ȋ̝̊̅ couldn't possibly imagine d̶̲̥̅̊ pain, but we r consoled knowing he rests I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d̶̲̥̅̊ bossom of †ђe LORD, may God almighty fill †ђe void. Much luv.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Standardization of the game risk.

    Sbobet It is a site where you can join the Buraco and many other gambling games to meet the wishes of everyone. With over 12 years of experience, it is widely known in the field of Internet gamblers across South East Asia.
    Buraco Buraco is a card game that is very popular in Brazil and always with Chinchon. Prepare your trick, make a sequence of cards, get a clean basket and earn a lot of points. Before the other players, with the popularity of this game, we have made a risky game to serve all customers and in addition to the Buraco. Ra has the great games of chance, more than 500 accounts.
    Do not wait for your friend to join the duel in this game. Get 200 baht bonus for induction. Controls no more than 15 points per month. We have a quality team waiting to serve all 24 hours a day at the website. Sbobet

    ReplyDelete