Pages

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Half Year Report



Hey Hey... Hope your week so far has been good? ...or better still, great! I remember the new year like it was only yesterday; my birthday like it was only two seconds ago and I mean that literally. Point is, the year 2012 is going by sooo fast, clocks always ticking; waiting for no one! 
I'm quite aware that while a number of people made new year resolutions, some did not (some just like myself). I also remember putting up a post about 'resolutions' and 'realizing your dreams' in 2012. Well... it's half of the year already and I took sometime out to reflect and appraise myself on the things I set for myself to do in 2012. Believe me, I still have a lot to do! I've completed a few and although the list staring me in the face looks astonishingly unending; I still have 6 months of time and I hope to use it more effectively than I had done in the previous half. 


The main goal for me this year was and is to be a better person on the overall by the end of the year. I dare say it's been the toughest part so far because the more I strive to be better, the more I realise there's still a lot to be accomplished. But not to worry, habits aren't broken in a day neither can sustainable change happen overnight. I am indeed pleased with myself so far... enough to pat myself on the back. 


I have learnt to be patient (and still learning... because patience is one of those attributes you need to constantly practice being that the world is full of angry, broken and insensitive people). I would never have thought myself to be the impatient type but it's the same thing the thief said before he was thrown a test.lol Unlike any other, my unique test was work! A typical day for me is labelled 'rush hour 6.' I mean..., as soon as I step out the front door I have many reasons to be in a haste, I walk so fast one would think I were late for a meeting, I run up the escalators at stations and often wonder why people with long legs drag their feet like they have no where to go. It was a process fast becoming a habit and I really had to learn how to take a deep breath and take things in strides. I'm not quite spot on yet but in comparison to last year, I have most certainly made some reasonable improvement (Well done Ebony!!). 


Someone once told me that "growing up is a trap!" As a matter of fact, it is. Nobody told me that life gets more challenging when you start working; I would have easily done a P.hd after my post graduate degree had I known *smiles*. If you are still studying, stay there for as long as you can (or better still, enjoy it while it lasts).  I have come to learn how to tolerate all sort of things. I have learnt to tolerate my colleagues, manage my managers and even smile with the customers who are perceived as incapable of doing wrong. I am proud to say that I have never gotten into verbal or any other form of combat with a customer, colleague or manager. 


In the face of betrayal, I have learnt to trust God more. It's not been an easy task but it is at such times that I have come to realize that God is indeed infallible and dependable. Sometime as humans we expect so much from people and when we don't get it we feel betrayed, used, manipulated *insert a word* However we are all humans and with our imperfections come the inevitable erring. Expectations should be high enough to culture growth but at the same time, we ought to be gentle while correcting and swift in forgiving. Always remember that you can't please everyone and not everybody will like you. If everybody does, then something is wrong and I suggest you find one enemy to keep you on the alert. 


I have been reading a lot this year as well. A list of the books include:
Half of a yellow sun (amazeballs)Grand Canyon (boring.comThe Alchemist ( I really want to go on a date with Paulo Coelho and I mean that)Eleven Minutes ( my favourite book of Paulo Coelho..although I haven't read all his books )By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept ( Paulo Coelho rocks no joke) Convicted not Condemned ( brilliant )


I am at the moment reading a 2-part series called "the Negotiator and the Guardian" ...and I have also just got a book called "Love, Freedom and Aloneness".


So many things to update you on but I can't type it all. Life is too short, try not to leave the important words unsaid and also remember to fight for your dreams, they'll in turn fight for you too. Enjoy the rest of the week. And I love my new template 


14 comments:

  1. Awww well done Ebony! I'm so proud of you.


    www.deduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My darling, I always look fwd to reading from U. May the good continue to enlighten U. Amen... Enjoy d remaining 6mths of 2012.
    ....Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. And u too dear

      Thank u..I will try to enjoy as much as I can

      Delete
  3. Your best post so far. Good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best post....way to go..Thanks T much appreciated.

      The plan is to get better!

      Delete
  4. Where's the part where I read about ROMANCE?>?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aprilllllllllllll.....

      *Cough cough*...the post was getting to long I didn't get a chance to comment about Romance!!! hehehehe.

      Maybe in my full year report?!? ;)

      Delete
  5. Thumbs up at your progress so far Ms. Ebony! keep it up!! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post as usual, Ebony..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant!!! Well done Girl,your best is yet to come!!!

    ReplyDelete