Pages

Sunday 11 March 2012

Happy Birthday Auntie Abim Bim

Today is my auntie's birthday....and today last year, I remember so clearly walking up the stairs on my way to class wishing her a happy birthday. I remember a few lines if not all of our conversation... I know she was going to have dinner at four points by Sheraton in Lagos with a few people. We cracked a few jokes and she talked about planning my wedding which she always said in every conversation we had... yes she was an event planner

Fast forward 6 months later, my auntie passed on to glory... She left behind her dad, husband, children, siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. Sometimes I still find it hard to believe that she's gone and none of us will see her on earth again. 

I'm writing this simply to wish her a happy birthday, a rare gem, a wife, a daughter, a mother, a sister, an auntie, a friend, someone oh so special, a precious woman, to say I have enough words to blog about you is to lie. I speak to the little reminders of you and I’m so happy they are all making you proud, I can't even go on to say how but i know you look down and smile all the time. I know we are all still heartbroken, everyone cries every now and then, I can sense the sadness but deep in our hearts we are glad you lived and touched every life you came in contact with. I’m so glad I could tell you how much I loved you and how much you meant to me. 

You will forever remain in our hearts, as to live in the hearts of those you love is not to die.

11/03/67 - 09/09/11




296382_10150811995095621_502675620_20877380_39120662_n.jpg

Revelations 14:1 (Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them) ... I felt empty when you left..but after reading this I know u don't want us to feel empty.. you want us to smile, open our eyes, love and go on....

3 comments: