Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Diary of a Single Girl

A few weeks ago, I was sad, alone and heartbroken from my previous relationship. I tried to keep myself busy after the break up to avoid getting myself upset all over again and this seemed to have worked at least for the most part -I mean, I work Mondays to Fridays; 8-8 on those sort of jobs that take-up your very useful hours and leave you with just enough time to have a shower, eat and sleep.

The weekends weren't any easier because I always seemed to have quite a bit to juggle. There's usually a wedding, birthday party, bridal shower, baby shower etc... to attend or I deliberately overwhelm myself in the company of friends who were charged with the responsibility of keeping me sane and helping me unlove him (...trust my girls to diss the guy, remind me of the million and one things he sucked at and inflate my head with their *you are too good for him* talks..lol)

Ok.... so i met someone (else) *love struck*. 
It was a Saturday in mid July when I was bored out of my head, had absolutely nothing doing and was home alone. Sadly, I found myself thinking about the past and all the things I wish we could have made right but we didn’t. Tired of the whole gloomy episode, I decided to call-up one of my girlfriends to go out for a drink *excited*. While we were at the lounge having our drinks, chatting and casually moving to the beat of the music, my friend suddenly sees a friend and before they knew it, they were hugging and catching up on lost times. 

I wasn’t particularly paying attention to the guy in question whilst they were talking but then I decided to take a glance at the young man and believe you me; it was love at first glance… *shy much*. You've got to believe me when I say I never believed in stuff like that until that very moment. It was really really weird not to know someone but fall in love with their person instantly. I found it funnily scary or more like scarily funny *wink*! But yeah... he was tall, dark, handsome and still is (to me anyways) and I thought we would really make a nice couple…. :D

After my friend was done catching up with him she comes over and tells me her friend likes me and I’m like I think he’s cute too! ;;) So he comes over and we get introduced properly and he asks if he could have my pin to which I obviously agreed seeing as I was already in love with him….X_X. We chatted briefly on Sunday, by Monday he was calling and on Tuesday, we had our first date and we talked, laughed over drinks and to cut the long story short he asked me to be his girlfriend and although I thought it was too soon, I accepted his proposal on our second date (a couple of days after) btw can I just add that I find it so cute and absolutely loving to be asked the question ‘would you be my girlfriend?’  I mean guys don’t usually do that or do they? (not the ones I’ve dated in the past though)...

Sadly my blogging ends here tonight…as my bed is calling :) I’ll finish up sooner than you think.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...
    not sure where the story is headed, so will reserve my comments till I've read it all. Ms. Ebony... keep us not in suspense too long k... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh Lav eeet Ebony!!!
    very interesting
    About to read part 2 now...
    keeping us in suspense now are we? :p


    www.deduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete