Pages

Monday 2 May 2011

Wifey 101: Supply and Demand

Hey guys I'm back again, I'm back again, I'm back again, yes. yes. yes!!! That was me singing by the way, excuse me being silly but I have been itching to blog all this while. The problem is as much as I wanted to blog my thoughts; I couldn't because I had 5 essays to contend with. After all the tears and what not, I survived and now just praying for excellent results cos dayum I put in a lot. My friend named this blog title and even wrote most of it, and as much as I love arguing, I couldn't help but agree with some of the points which to me were laughable.

"Lately I’ve been seeing tons of facebook and twitter statuses with girls ranting and raving about 'what they deserve' so I figured I should set the record straight and help y’all understand a thing or 2. In order to “Deserve” something you have to be worthy and be providing something as well. You want a “good man” but what makes you so special to deserve one? What makes you think you so different than all the rest of these girls around here? Oh cuz you thick? Pretty face? NEWSFLASH it’s a million of y’all. lol. Girls kill me with this running around barking out demands and requirements. It’s not even logical to have expectations, standards, and requirements for others that you can’t even meet your damn self. 

Realistically the ratio of women to men comes into play with this also. Women outnumber men on every single scene except the sports bar probably. Therefore WE are the catch. You understand that? WE.US.MEN. You have to work twice as hard to get and keep a man because there is twice as many females to compete with…And the LAST way to get a man is nagging, barking, and whining about what you deserve and blah blah blah. All these demands.. What’s the supply? Seems as though the world we live in women expect to be catered to and pampered in every form and think the ultimate reward for a man in return is a piece of ass. You got to bring more to the table than sex. It’s 2011 sweetheart. Gas Prices are through the roof, I’m not just coming to “see you” unless I’m bout to SEE YOU. lol. That’s for one. And for 2, after that’s done, then what? After a while that pretty face of yours gets tired of being looked at and a prettier face will surface. It’s Supply & Demand, not Demand & Supply. Marinate on that ladies" 

I know people may think he's a male chauvinist.. but let us face the facts..there’s a lot of truth and sense in what he wrote. I mean even people who provide 'exclusive' services for a price also lay hold to the claim that they do deserve better from men *wowzers*. Although this is debatable as you all know people are in it for different reasons.

More alarming are those cantankerous wives whose reputations go beyond the neighbours on the street, they too while constantly ranting down their husband's throat on how inadequate he is also delude themselves that it’s the pathetic union that stands in the way of their eternal bliss. *I make myself laugh* 

Finally there are those girls popularly known as gold diggers that were born into this world to siphon everyone in their path (not just guys in this case) but their female friends who constantly fall victim of this noble characteristic....and imagine such girls thinking they deserve to be treated like queens by a ‘bigger fish’ of course!! I am no judge but I think they truly deserve better…!!

Thanks Derrick for ur insight, its got me thinking errrrmmmm *I indeed deserve the best* ;)

11 comments:

  1. hmmm.... a very interesting point of view, cant deny the fact that it got me thinkin as well. true talk Derrick: d hard truth! ...i still dont think its a crime to think one deserves better tho..lol.im sure the next girlfrend of urs that walks thru the door crying out of heartache wud force 'those same lines' out of ur lips..:)

    As for the wife, slut and the 'classic' aristo chics.., no comments o....!.lol.

    then again ladies... try not to settle for less so that u dont go lamenting: atleast, it wud def get derrick off ur backs for a while.

    Ebony, good stuff. u know just how to keep ur readers entertained. Best wishes in all ur essays tho... i bet u'll ace them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Fair Enough, some ladies go on about what they desërve when truly they cant live up to standard(s). But what about the men who evén after a while gét `bored` of those who did meet it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tolu... it is definitely not a crime to deserve better..!! I mean some pple *both guys and girls* just believe in taking and taking and give nothing back.!!

    Some pple have the wrong mentality of giving as well.. becos it isnt entirely right to give in the hope of receiving!!!

    Anonymous good point.. it does go both ways...different sides of the same coin i guess!! I agree just as some ladies, some guys are a total waist of time and space

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like u said very laughable. Different side of the coin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Act right and you'll get what you deserve. If you do act right, I dont think you should settle for less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Act right and you'll get what you deserve"? lol, is this person living in the same world? This must be funniest and yet silliest comment i have yet to see, as it is an unfair world! SIMPLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Btw, there is a lot of truth in this blog post, and i think more people need to be made aware of it! Ebony, why do you have just 11 followers, you need to expand your reach as you seem like a realist, contrary to my initial opinion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toyin I must say ur comment does make sense, we do live in an unfair world becos u don't always get what u deserve sometimes. I mean mirror does make sense if the world were just and fair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm Im not too sure about Derricks points.....

    I can speak for a lot of my girls who put so much effort into relationships, in many different ways, some very subtle, and most times us girls get put through a lot! A good woman should be appreciated and treated well.

    A woman should cater to her man, and a man should treat his woman like a queen!

    L xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yh L I know what u mean...but Life is not always fair like Toyin and Anonymous wrote...cos some pple put in a lot of effort and are not treated right both males and females!!

    Its very debatable he did make some good points and it goes both ways, this is one side of the coin!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what's so real? Reading "It's 2011" made me realise how much time has passed. Then I realised how much everything has stayed the same. It's 2017! And everything on here still holds. It makes me wonder "will this still hold in 2025?" I guess I'll have to come back here and find out.

    "It’s Supply & Demand, not Demand & Supply. Marinate on that ladies"
    Marinate on that ladies.. hahah LOVE it.
    But then again I do DESERVE a lot of this cos I am all sorts of WORTH it.
    Boom!

    ReplyDelete